Virtual Film Club Films - from Friday 3rd April
Year R & KS1:
Sunday 5th April (4.05pm) BBC1
Saturday 4th April (4.50pm) ITV2
All reviews to be completed by the end of Thursday 9th April.
Year R & KS1:
Madagascar: Escape to Africa
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
News from Film Club....
Film Club will be continuing even though we are not at school, as I will be running a....
Virtual Film Club
- Each Friday (from Friday 27th March) I will be selecting a film that will be showing on TV during the following week. Film Club members can then watch this (we'll be watching together as a 'virtual' audience) and post their review on the Into Film website. There will be separate films for YR / KS1 and KS2.
- YR / KS1 children should upload their reviews / responses to the email address below. KS2 children should register with Into Film and upload reviews to the Fairview part of the site. Existing Film Club members will be used to doing this!
- I will choose a review of the week following each film (deadlines for reviews will be given), announcing these on this page, and giving out certificates when we return to school.
- I will also upload some thoughts about what to include in your review. You could watch with others at home and have a discussion following the film - just like we do at school - to help with your review. For Film Club members, I will also print stickers for your diaries so that when we return you can get these up to date. Enjoy the films!
Mr Halls :-)
Help and Advice
Film Club runs after school on alternate weeks for children in Years 4-6. We watch a range of films and discuss these. Children are the encouraged to upload a written review to the Film Club website. On this page we will feature reviews as well as other film information.
Film Club Dates
Dates to be updated on our return to school.
Films we have watched this year....
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
- The Kid Who Would Be King (Into Film Festival)
- The Spiderwick Chronicles
- Mr Popper's Penguins
- Wonder Park
- Gulliver's Travels
- The Borrowers
- Paper Planes
Previously we have watched.....
Review of the Week
Congratulations to Natasha (Year 5) for her review of Paper Planes.
There's a boy called Dylan who lives in Australia. At his school his plane went the furthest in the Paper Plane competition. He then gets into the Paper Plane championships in Tokyo and makes two friends there. Dylan got pushed down the stairs in Tokyo and hurt his wrist. It was his paper plane throwing wrist so he had these needles on his wrist and it hurt to make it better.
My favourite character is Dylan because he did his best and won the championships and did really well in the competitions. Dylan’s dad came to see him in Tokyo and I think he had to sell Dylan’s moms piano to do this. Dylan’s mum had died and he would sometimes argue with his dad about things because he missed his mum so much.
What I thought that they could have done the ending better. It would have been nice to see what happened after the competition.
Click here to watch a trailer of this film: